Monday, February 07, 2005

Not Quite Ready for the Work Week

I called in sick today. I woke up late, and it was raining. Rushing around and dealing with a compromised dog in the morning causes me a lot of stress, and consequently makes my shoulder/arm injury flare up. There was nothing on calendar today at work. So I said screw it. I didn't go back to bed, but I took my time and relaxed and made coffee. Then I took a shower and went out to run a few errands. Then I came back home and relaxed some more, spent some time with CS. I'm about to work on the Adoptions files I brought home over the weekend- I have to do final paperwork to close the files and make sure the families get their child's new birth certificate. I will take the dog out again and go get the mail, and then pick up a little bit around the house. And I have had my first pain-free day in months. I had forgotten what that feels like. The rain washed all the yellow acacia tree dust off my clean but unfortunately black car, that makes me happy too. Oh, and Friday is a court holiday. It's the little things that make all the difference.

No comments: