Friday, February 11, 2005

Morning Glory

I have been an early riser for many years- chalk that up to being the sole caretaker of a sweet, goofy dog. During the work week, I take her out by 7am, so it stands to reason that Saturday and Sunday are no different for her. I have her to thank for my adoration of early mornings. Oh, she usually has to prod and whine and poke and woof me from my warm bed, but once I'm up and outside (brrr!), I'm awake. My love for early morning is conditional- I only love it if I don't have to go to work. And this is one of those mornings.

Yesterday was gorgeous- 70 degrees! Today holds the same bright promise, and that's what I love about mornings. Getting up early means I get to watch the sky go from pink to blue, watch the sun come up, putter around, make coffee, play online, breathe in the sweet moments of a brand new day before it is filled with hustle and bustle. In my mind, a day turns ordinary around 11:30am- everyone's up, it's almost afternoon, and by then I feel behind in whatever it is I need to do. But from about 7am to 10am, to me that's the time when anything is possible and what I might accomplish this day seems limitless. My beloved dog is curled up at my feet, having gone back to sleep without a care in the world, while I sit in my easy chair and drink my coffee and write to my heart's content. All is right in my world, right now.

No comments: