Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Delusions of Gravity Defiance

Today is my birthday. Since I am stealthily creeping up on the underbelly of THE BIG birthday, I found it humourous that an ad for making one's 'final arrangements' at Skylawn Memorial Park fell out of my morning paper. Later, after having been reminded by a certain someone (CS) that I am closer to "kicking 40 in the ass" now, constant daytime television ads for funeral insurance and burial expense plans weren't really so tee-hee. A scathing evaluation in a full-length mirror later, I have decided that what I REALLY need to do is start getting up at 4:30am to potty the dog, hit the gym by 5:15am, be back at home by 6:15 to prepare myself for work. I haven't gained any weight recently, but boy it sure seems my skin is no longer scofflaw-ing gravity! Doubting that this only seems so due to the wintry fading of my almost-perpetual tan, I resolve to do something about it! I'll try it for a week. I can do anything for a week, right? And by the end of that week, I bet it won't seem so bad. It's not that cold here- I can get out of bed at 4:30am if I resolve to do so. Lady will wonder what the hell is going on, but she's usually up for an outside trip no matter what time it is. In fact, she'll get TWO, because I'll take her out again before I leave for work. After a week of THAT, she'll probably wake me at 4:30am whether I'm hitting the gym or not. Damn her naturally thin frame!

No comments: