Saturday, January 29, 2005

60-something Saturday

Yes, it was in the 60's today- sorry Nanooks! Nary a cloud in the sky, dawning bright and clear, it was a wonderful day. My best friend Lisa and I celebrated my birthday by meeting in San Mateo's downtown area for lunch, movie, shopping. Parking was a breeze (such a rarity in the Bay Area) even though we did almost have a punch-fest with the stupid parking box thing that stole my money and seemed pointless since there was no one attending the garage anyway. The theatre was next door. We found a hamburger joint, I opened my presents, we went to see Sideways (not exactly the MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!! as everyone proclaims, but interesting enough to us non-wine-snobs), and then we walked around some more and got some coffee. I met a Corgi puppy, Lisa and I shared a delicious dessert called Blackout Cake, and I bought a few things at Hallmark. We discussed getting out of the rat race and working as waitresses in a small town in the Santa Barbara wine valley area, in our alternate lives. Simpler people, simpler lives, it does look appealing sometimes. I decided this evening that based on a touching scene in the movie, Lisa is definitely the cabernet... I am the pinot. And on a shallower note: our hair color matches our grape personas!

No comments: