Sunday, May 15, 2005

Waiting Game

So, about the real estate.. So far, I've seen about 25 places and been outbid twice. The first time was a 2bd/2ba condo listed at 545k. I bid 30k over and didn't even come in 3rd. The second time was a 2bd/1ba 65year old house- I overbid by 70k and didn't get that one either. As I type this, I'm waiting to hear if my offer for a 3rd place is accepted, rejected, or countered.

Update: as I typed THAT, my realtor called and said the seller is interested in my offer but is 'looking for a little more' money. This, however, is more promising than anything else that has happened in the last two months. Especially since the open house on the property is in progress right now. Not willing to continue playing the game of Frenzy that is the real estate market here, I offered only 16k more than asking. I do have some wiggle room, so we now wait to see just how much more the seller is looking for. Odd that the seller's realtor didn't have the answer to that question when she called my realtor.

No comments: