Sunday, December 19, 2004

Sublime Sunday

Went to the Dickens Christmas Fair today with my best friend in the whole world Lisa and her soul-mate husband, the equally irreverent Marty. We looked, we wandered, we gaped, and we mused. There seem to be three types of fair people: big women in corsets squeezing out more of their assets than acceptable in real life, scrawny women in corsets making more of their assets than real life clothes allow, and odd little men. Don't get me wrong: I've worked this particular fair as a singer myself, in days gone by. I saw a man there today that I did British Music Hall with 15 years ago. Oddly, he hadn't changed a bit, and he was no youngster when I knew him then. Funny how people don't change much sometimes.

Speaking of nothing ever changing: will the day ever come when I stop getting pimples? I mean, REALLY.. are they having a contest with my burgeoning wrinkles? Just wondering.

After the fair we went to TGI Fridays for drinks and modern food (no bangers and meat pies, thanks!). Lisa and I exchanged lovely Christmas presents. Marty opined that 7lbs PSI will break a human bone, and when I mentioned that the human jaw is like 1500 PSI, he said one could bite through one's own arm. I didn't believe him and asked him to prove it. Lisa then declared that her husband and her best friend shall henceforth refrain from drinking together. I guess she's right; our respective employers might look askance at a mayhem arrest, even self-inflicted.

1 comment:

divinemissk said...

congrats on the new blog- thanks for blogrolling me! i totally hear you about the pimples/wrinkles competition. ugghh!